Now that the New Year is upon us, it’s time for each of us to think about several key things:
- What did I accomplish last year?
- What didn’t I accomplish but wanted to?
- Why didn’t I get it done?
- What are my major goals for this year?
- What kind of time-line can I establish to be sure I meet these goals?
- Who can I work with to be my accountability partner?
- Where can I post these goals after I write them down so I’ll see them every day?
There’s something about ringing in a brand New Year, starting with 1.1 that makes it feel like a fresh start! The last year is over and there’s nothing you can do about it now.
But this year…this year is just getting starting and it’s a whole new beginning…a new chance to get things right!
It’s exciting isn’t it? You get another chance to do the things you want to do. It’s as if you are picking up a new book and you turn to that first page to start reading. Only this time, you are responsible for writing this book. It’s your book…your life…you are in charge.
So I ask you again, what do you want to accomplish this year? Make it a stretch, but be realistic. You don’t want to set yourself up for failure. You want to make that goal in the timeframe you set.
It is such a feeling of accomplishment to achieve a goal you’ve set and within the time you’ve allowed. That’s progress…and progress leads to success.
So Happy New Year! And may you reach your 2012 goals!